If you have been considering rhinoplasty, the best way to get all the information you need, and to decide if it’s right for you, is a consultation with your surgeon. During the initial consultation, you can discuss your goals, expectations, and concerns with your surgeon. This is also the best time to ask any questions you may have. At your consultation, your surgeon will also examine your face and nose, and may be able to provide computer images for you, depending on the type of changes you desire.
If you decide that rhinoplasty is right for you, there will be another short meeting right before the procedure. This is a good time to ask any questions you may have forgotten to ask at your initial consultation.
Rhinoplasty is a surgery, and in many cases, it is non-reversible. Therefore you should make sure you have all the information you need before going through with it. For many patients, rhinoplasty provides amazing results, and can create many functional and cosmetic improvements, therefore raising self-esteem, and happiness. To ensure you have all the information you need before your rhinoplasty, you should do some research on the procedure and write down a list of questions to ask your surgeon. Here are some examples of important questions!
- How experienced are you in performing rhinoplasty?
Before you undergo a rhinoplasty, you want to make sure you are in safe, experienced hands. Other questions in this category include:
- Are you board certified?
- What percentage of your practice is dedicated to rhinoplasty?
- What is your percentage of satisfied patients?
- Are you able to provide testimonials?
Obviously the most experienced surgeon is the one you should go with. With a rhinoplasty specialist, like Dr. Oakley Smith, who practices exclusively in the field of rhinoplasty, you can be assured that you are receiving the best possible care, surgery, and treatment.
- Do you feel that my goals are realistic?
When it comes to rhinoplasty, there are certain functional and aesthetic limitations. Your surgeon will work with you to make sure you can have exactly what you want, or close to it, but they will need to let you know when there are limitations. Other questions you may ask are:
- Have you had patients with noses similar to mine? May I see before-and-after pictures?
- Do you think you’ll be able to create the kind of nose I want?
- When will I be able to see the final results of the procedure?
- What are the potential risks of operating on a nose like mine? What are the positives?
- What is your policy on revisions?
- Where will the surgery be performed?
Some surgeons perform rhinoplasty in their own office, and some in a hospital or other facility.
Other questions about the surgery itself include:
- How long does the surgery take?
- What type of anaesthesia do you use?
With Dr. Oakley Smith, you can rest assured that all your questions will be answered. Contact us today with any further questions, or to go ahead and book a consultation!