A cosmetic or plastic surgeon will generally perform a rhinoplasty procedure, or nose job, to change the shape or size of the nose. A surgeon can remove bone, cartilage and skin tissue to reduce the width and length of the nose. Rhinoplasties for cosmetic purposes are meant for adults after the nose has stopped growing.
Patients requesting rhinoplasties have interior or exterior abnormalities of the nose in some cases. Deviated septums or unusual bumps are examples of these abnormalities. Despite some patients already having an attractive nose, they may want to make it more aesthetically pleasing because of personal preference.
Many individuals in the entertainment industry want to look attractive while on stage or in movies, leading to getting a nose job or rhinoplasty procedure. Some of the celebrities who have had nose job procedures include singers, actors and models who desire a perfect nose.
Celebrities do not always admit that a rhinoplasty procedure was to make their nose more attractive. Instead, they will state that they need the procedure to repair a deviated septum or other abnormality.
Nose reshaping is a common cosmetic procedure received by Hollywood celebrities. Some celebrities, such as actress Jennifer Grey, are very open about having plastic surgery. However, there are others who want to keep the procedures private.
A few of the most famous rhinoplasties done by celebrities include:
• Michael Jackson – popular singer
• Jennifer Grey – movie actress
• Jennifer Aniston – movie and television actress
• Jessica Alba – movie actress and model
• Blake Lively – model and actress
• Beyonce – well-known singer
• Tyra Banks – model and spokesperson
• Ashlee Simpson – songwriter and singer
• Shia LeBeouf – director and actor
• Winona Ryder – movie actress
• Seth Meyers – Talk show host
• Megan Fox – actress
• Angelina Jolie – director and actress
• Benjamin Bratt – actor
While it might seem like celebrities only get rhinoplasties because of the way they look, there are other reasons for it. An example is that athletes have been known to get nose jobs because of sporting injuries. These injuries may require extensive repair. During this surgery to repair the nose, a surgeon can adjust its shape and size at the same time.
Additional famous rhinoplasties include:
• Bruce Jenner – Olympic swimming athlete
• Andrew Flintoff – Cricket player
• Stephanie Rice – Olympic swimming athlete
• Manu Ganobill – Hockey player
• Rebecca Adlington – Olympic swimming athlete
• Cristiano Ronaldo – Soccer player
• Jon Niese – Baseball pitcher
Accidents or nasal abnormalities have caused other celebrities to require nose jobs.
A few of these famous rhinoplasties include:
• John Kerry – politician in the United States
• Anwar El-Balkimy – politician in Egypt
• Ed Miliband – politician in the United Kingdom
Many people think that only the rich and famous can and should get rhinoplasty procedures done. Even though it seems that way, the truth is that they may actually be more common, affordable, and necessary than you might think!